The Public Health 101 Training is an introductory training designed to increase knowledge of the foundations of public health, including what it is and does, key historical events, Michigan’s public health system, services provided by local health departments, and the future of public health. The training also provides a brief introduction to the 10 Essential Public Health Services and the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals. This training includes a pre and post knowledge check and will take about 30 minutes to complete.
PH 101 Online Training Learning Objectives:
- Define the purpose of public health
- Identify key historical public health events
- Describe the public health system in Michigan
- Understand the 3 Core Functions and the 10 Essential Public Health Services
- Recognize the Core Competencies for Public Health Practitioners
To access the training, enter your email address in the field below and click the “Submit” button.